Sunday 1 July 2012

A Busy Weekend


After a family filled weekend last weekend, and the constant rain throughout the week that saw us flooded in on Thursday, it was lovely to see the sun the last 2 days. Although Daniel couldn't go TO work, to be paid for the majority of the week, I had the whip cracking at his heels whilst he was home. I don't think he rested.

At the start the of week, we moved out of our old room, into our new room. The new room is 6m away from the house, so we set up the new baby monitor and explained to the kids how it worked. Needless to say we had a little visitor at 1am. The next night Daniel opted to begin 'sleep overs' on the floor of the kids rooms while I got to sleep in my 'hotel room'. It's dark. It's quiet. I've had lots of sleep ins this week! 

After moving our stuff out of our old room, Daniel began the prep and on Tuesday the nursery looked like this:


This continued throughout the week, with the ceiling being painted and the walls with their first coat on. By Saturday Daniel was feeling a little 'painted out'. So my beautiful best mate Taryn came over with her little boy, Reef, for a play. Little did she know that she'd end up offering to cut in for the rest of the day! Thanks babe!


Love, love, love the colour. It matches one of the blue's in the cot doona sets that I'm making. Yes, I'm anal about things matching. That's why I still don't have a 3rd cot....but that's another story.


Sunday saw Mick come over to install my amazing triplet cupboard. He worked on it all day on Saturday with Cheyne (Taryn's hubby). Let's just say I don't think Cheyne will be too keen to help with the other cupboards Mick is making!


Pretty new power points were installed. Another matching anal trait. My husband just sighs now.


And at one point he forgot how close he was to the newly painted wall and head butted it. Leaving a lovely blue splotch on his head for the rest of the day.


Told you it was amazing hey? Doors will come eventually. One day. A long way away.


And you may recall us winning a brand new kitchen?? You got it - we said bye bye to the old one on Friday!


This is what it looked like when I went to drop the kids off at kindy and vacation care. The book case down the hall is our pantry for the next week. Notice the 'cleanish' floor?

 

And this is what I came home to. Not happy. The electricians had to chisel into the block walls to move lots of power points. Yes, renovating is dirty and dusty. But at least tell me how much mess you may make so I know to shut the kids bedroom doors, cover all our plates and food in our 'pantry', cover the remaining kitchen items I hadn't yet put away and cover the TV and DVD player. Seriously?! Luckily Kerry arrived about 10 minutes after they started and began covering things and shutting doors or it could have been a lot worse. He then stayed and helped me clean it all up and pack the rest of everything away. Legend x

 

Change of pace. Our little pickings from our orchid. Yummy mandarins and some cumquats that I'll turn into marmalade when I have a stove top back. The kids (Reef and Amali) enjoyed the sweet mandy's.


And little miss helper decided she could put yoghurt into 3 bowls for everyone. Her brilliant helping failed when all the yoghurt slid into the first bowl. Times like these you have to just laugh!


Saturday night saw Amali at Grandi's for a sleep over. Mummy and Daddy were too exhausted to cook dinner for Jordan, so he chose his own. Roast lamb sandwich with cheese and baked beans. Umm, yum?


And what better to do with old power points? Give them to an inquisitive, bored 5 year old to pull apart. They are now in his 'box of treasures'.


And as for me. I finally remembered to weigh myself. I am now 88kg. And I'm happy! That means I have put on 20kg since falling pregnant - almost 1kg a week since I found out. Right on 'recommended' weight gain for a triplet pregnancy. Yes, it's heavy. Yes, I now wear my prenatal cradle all day. Yes, it helps. A lot. Tasks that last week seemed ok to do, are now a struggle. The kids and Daniel constantly get 'can you pick that up for me?' Sleeping is a tough one. Between my bladder constantly filling and 2 little boys jumping up and down on my cervix and a little girl kicking me in the ribs......lets say it's good training for when they arrive. I only last about an hour on each side or my back, then I roll over, clutching the pillow and my belly. I love having the bed to myself! 

My fingers stay slightly fizzy all day now, and my feet have definitely remembered what swelling in pregnancy is all about. Nothing near as bad as the last 2 pregnancies - summer babies. Need I say anything more?


25 weeks and 2 days. Less than 10 weeks to go to my final goal of 35 weeks. Wow, I just realised that means I'm into single digits! 9 weeks and 5 days!!! I can do it. I will do it. And just to prove myself, I'll go to 36 weeks.


Yes, you can see my nipple. Sorry about that. But I am trying to keep an accurate record of my beautiful growing belly. I can tell how much bigger I have gotten in the 2 weeks since my last picture, as my boobs are now sitting on the top of my belly! I didn't want to crop it any lower though......for obvious reasons! The strechies are out in force now, but still not as bad as some singleton pregnancies I've seen. Still drinking my protein shakes daily (yuck), but have cut back a bit on the eating and resting. I promised myself once I hit 25 weeks that I'd focus (again) on this. And I will. I have made my last trip to the plaza, and to Bunnings. I physically cannot do it anymore. And I don't feel bad saying no. My babies need me to chill out so they can stay in there longer and grow.

And lastly this week I'll leave you with the newest members of the Trama family. Ella and Louie's puppies. 1 male, 1 female. Super cute. They now have their eyes open and will be ready to go off to homes in 6 weeks time.


The girl is the darker one. She is also far larger. Cute little runty boy though!



Off for another growth scan tomorrow though, will update you all then!















No comments:

Post a Comment