Friday 7 December 2012

3 months +

Hi there! It's been a while! Sorry about that.

I'm really not sure why it's taken me so long.......!

Honestly, the pure love I feel for these babies (and my big babies of course) is immense. I asked some other HOMmies (what triplets and more mums call each other) the other day 'when do you stop thinking - holy crap! I have 3 babies!' The answer - never.

I cannot imagine my life now without my amazing support circle of HOMmies. Daniel always tells me to get off Facebook. Yes, I am on there too much. But I'm not trawling Facebook mindlessly, I'm having wonderful, informative conversations with other HOMmies from around the world. I am also conversing with another group of women who are very special to me. These are my October Due Mummies Group ladies. We started the group through Bub Hub, and then transferred to Facebook. Most of us have been on there since the day we saw the positive test results. We've had ups and downs, loss of babies, family and friends, some have left, some have come back pregnant again (woohoo!), we've been through each other's births, both the negatives and positives, first smiles, weird looking poos, husbands who don't help, internet dating and much more!! These groups form my online support groups. Thank you all.

And then shifting to 'real' life. Of course there is my husband, who is pretty good. Like all husbands I think he forgets that we have 3 babies sometimes. And although people constantly call me a 'super mum', I'm not, and sometimes I can't manage - and with some less than subtle reminding - he helps out again. Then there is my mum and Kerry. I sometimes don't get along with her, she knows that, I think we're finally ok with that, but she has always gone above and beyond in helping our family in every way possible. Thank you. Kerry is mums partner and he is fantastic. He potters around the farm doing anything that needs to be done, and pops in and quietly sits with the babies chatting to them. I have a clear picture of three toddlers running after him in a few years while he waters the veges. I'm sure he'll be pleased as punch with that. Erin, Katy and Karen have been amazingly supportive with Jordan. Taking him to school or picking him up (sometimes both!) and having him in their houses until Daddy can pick him up. Ladies, you have no idea how easier you have made this year. Thank you. My amazing girlfriends - Taryn, Laurie, Mel, Skye, Berni - even if you feel like you haven't 'done' much, you have. Meals dropped off, Amali minded, chats on the phone, at get togethers or coffee shops, you have all helped me deal with the sometimes monotonous routine that is raising triplets!! I'm sure there are others, and to all of you who have cheered me on from the sidelines - thank you!


The babies are now 3 months old. They have great head control - especially Ailah, they are chatting away to me, and have just started chatting to another. They don't chat to each other, just one starts looking at the other while the other one has no idea they are being chatted to! It's very cute to watch. They are staying awake a little longer, enjoy watching their toys, they have all started trying to reach toys, and are getting better at tummy time. Dylan has finally found the smile button and gives me beautiful big smiles and chats away. I have been taking them to the chiropractor and have noticed some big changes after only 3 sessions. Isaac is a happier baby. Amazing. Thank gosh! Ailah is opening her mouth wider, so is becoming a more efficient feeder - yay! And I'm finding all of them, but mostly Dylan, have an easier time turning their heads when on their tummies to sleep or at tummy time.

They are still sleeping extremely well. Dylan and Ailah are sleeping through (She had a week of waking up at 3am for a feed) and Isaac still likes to wake at 3am for a feed. Normally I begin bathing them (usually have to wake them) at 8pm, then all are fed and off to bed at 10pm and I follow straight away too. However last night I really couldn't have been bothered (see, I'm not super mum!) so I didn't wake them, I just let them sleep. I went to bed around 9:30pm (don't ask why I stayed up - I have no idea) and dream fed Isaac in the hope he'd sleep through. Now bearing in mind that they were all put down to sleep between 5 and 6 pm......Ailah woke at 1am for a feed and Isaac at 3am. Dylan slept through until 4:30am. I couldn't believe it! So, tonight, I'm going to start putting them in bed much earlier, around 7pm. It will mean a chaotic time as that is when the others go to bed, and I'm not sure what will happen during the night.....but we'll see.

Update on their weights:
Isaac - birth 2.5kg, 3 months 4.1kg
Dylan - birth 2.8kg, 3 months 4.6kg
Ailah - birth 2.3kg, 3 months 3.6kg
Very happy with these weights! I think Ailah is NOT going to be like me, a bit of a chubba, she's so petite and fine, and always has been, even in utero.

We are very much looking forward to our first Christmas (even my ba humbug husband), we are hiring a house with a pool so hopefully the weather will allow us to fully enjoy that!

And on a final note - my birth video has had over 100,000 views in the last 4 weeks. I am amazed!

 Ailah

 Isaac

Dylan

Oh - and another super mum thing - I just decided not to send Jordan to school. Too hard!

3 comments:

  1. i exclusively bf my twins (2 yrs in january!) you are awesome and a great inspiration to all mamas! we need more like you in the world. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "friends" I met through my blog helped me get through my surrogacy process and they were amazing. I never knew how much they would mean to me but they really became such support. Blogs and Facebook are sometimes used for good and not evil! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these photos and stories are so precious, thanks for sharing your family with the world! :)

    ReplyDelete